Fall is upon us in all its bitterness and inconsistency. Although the weekend has been lovely every weekday of last week was showered with cold rain. The week before last the temperatures dropped quickly from a pleasant evening low of 60° to a chilling 30°. Bleech! We were piling the blankets on our bed when we realized that we paid flat fee for our utilities and could therefore afford to turn on the heaters, not like in our other place. Life continues to be chalked full of work and school. I figure between the two I pull anywhere from a 10 to 12 hour day, 6 days a week. I keep hoping that I’ll be able to get a little ahead or that the translations or school work will be less time consuming but so far that hasn’t happened. I suppose it’s better to be too busy than to be bored.
My sanity is conserved by watching movies with Becca (we watch about six a week) and going out on the weekends. Friday night we went shopping for clothes and found one of the most amazing sales I’ve ever seen. Those who know me well know that I don’t like shopping but even I got sucked into buying more than I intended. Becca averaged buying things at 90% off. Now we just need to find a place to put all of these clothes.
Ashi was one of the cute little kids we got to play with at the birthday party we went to.
We also had the pleasure of going to a birthday party for my friend David's wife and oldest son. Joaquín turned three and got a gazillion toy cars for his birthday. I’ve never seen the little kid so happy in his life. As there would be more Argentine people at the party than American’s, I was worried that Becca would get left out but enough of them spoke English for her to feel included and enjoy herself. Joaquín, who until that point had scowled at Becca a bit, warmed up to her quite nicely at the party. We know that he warmed up to her because he attacked her while pretending to be a lion. In little boy culture that is a sign of acceptance. Becca is treating Evy, the mom, to a facial and a massage at the spa where she works. Makes you want to invite Becca to more of your parties doesn’t it?
You can tell that my parents have a missionary to write to because their family letters are more frequent than everyone else’s. We miss you and hope that all is well with you.


3 comments:
Nice pic of the baby--soft, natural light. 6 days a week? You're busier than I am. We're still having temps in the upper 80s-lower 90s. Nights are about 50, though. Almost time to start closing the windows.
Cool comics Ryan? Have you read my chapter yet? And overall, great post!
Hi Guys,
We miss talking to you both. Sundays are busy now. We'll have to really plan our chats since they aren't happening.
Had a fun b-day lunch for Aunt Laurey's 50th. I gave her a rude card and she told Gma B to hit me. She said, "Kimmie is all grown up now you can hit her." It was pretty funny. She didn't appreciate being reminded she's 50. We went to Galletos. My first time. Very nice. It is a first class kind of place.
Time to run. Got to get something done before the day is over. (The b-day party was all afternoon. Woo Hoo.)
Mom
Post a Comment