
As you all probably have deduced from her latest entry below, Becca has left me here in
On Wednesday morning we were cruising up I-15 to the airport thinking we had all the time in the world when Becca realized that we had left the house an hour after we should have. The next half an hour was a stressful one as I raced through traffic faster than I should have to try and get her to the airport on time. The only good part about this was the fact that it pretty much kept us from getting sad about how we would be apart for the first time in our 20 month marriage. I think this is the only time I can say that it was a good thing that the flight was about 30 minutes behind schedule.
Every time I think that I’m going to have extra time on my hands to get something done, I get tons of translations. Monday and Tuesday they came in like crazy and then a slow trickle of them came in right up to Friday. Although I feign annoyance, I realize that this is a blessing and an answer to our prayers.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I need help and have enlisted the services of my Argentine friend Mauro to handle the translations from my newest school. As my work load increases I will probably be hiring more people to help out. There’s only so much I can handle all by myself, especially when school starts on Tuesday (thank goodness for Labor Day).
My website has gone through another change and I invite you all to take a look. I’m hoping that the “References” section and the better format will facilitate more work. Since I can’t go to
Becca and I have been keeping in touch during the week with the use of our web-cameras and microphones. In fact, Becca took her parents’ laptop to Rick and Leah’s house today where they were all having dinner and turned the web-camera on while I ate the meal that I had prepared. It was a rather strange family dinner. We talk twice or three times a day and I really think that it helps us not to miss one another quite so much. It’s not as good as having her here, but it will do for now.
Thank you all for your comments and for visiting this blog. We enjoy keeping in touch with our loved ones.

4 comments:
Nice post... cool pictures and overall it's great to hear from you Ryan!
Love hearing from you and staying up with what's going on. Sounds like you two are handling the separation well...good job.
My audition went well last night. Nobody sang really well so I still feel like I'm in the running. They said that they're looking for people who can follow directions and have a lot of feeling or can communicate well. Since I'm very good at both of those I really think I'm being considered seriously. Cast lists will be up in a week or so and they informed us that it is a tentative cast list. That means if we arent' what they think we are when rehearsals start we'll be asked to step aside. Wow.
Take care. I'll probably be writing a family letter soon.
Love,
Mom
It´s so cool to see your picture with me on your blog! Good times down south in good ol' Chile. Punta Arenas, what a magical town. Remember Nora? She still has my picture hanging on her living room´s wall. I really miss her and her chocolates a lot!
I do enjoy hearing from you two! I thought the "references" were outstanding. They should help you get even more business! Love Ya, Granny Boothe
Post a Comment