Sunday, September 17, 2006

MASSAGE AND PETROLEUM

This week home has been a good one. I got the first massage job that I interviewed for…yea!!! It will be a nice job to have. It is a newer place called The Seasons Salon and Day Spa. Ryan and I both get free services, and family and friends get amazing discounts. I am starting to get used to living in our new place. In other words it is becoming more and more like home.

I have to study for the nationals (a really big test...”the LSAT of the massage world”) that I have to take on Wednesday. Wish me luck…

There isn’t really anything else but those few things. Life is still good. I still enjoy being married and having such a wonderful hubby!!!

Oh yeah…I made my “famous” pie and it turned out wonderfully. The last time I made it, something went wrong…and I stopped cooking for a while since I was so frustrated. I have also been making Thai food which we have enjoyed. We also went to a Brazilian fest up at UVSC and got cheap food from Rodizios Brazilian Grill which we LOVED!!! I’ll let Ryan elaborate on that.

Here is my sweetums!

The Brazilian fest was fun. You’d be surprised to find out just how many Brazilians live in Utah. Even though it hailed and even snowed a little bit, there were hundreds of them out dancing and eating their grilled meat and sweet desserts and drinking their guaraná. I bought a Brazilian t-shirt. There are guys that go to my Portuguese 355 class that wear a Brazilian shirt almost every class.

Yesterday I spent two hours preparing invoices for my schools. Does anyone know if Quick Books is any good for keeping track of things like that? Preparing invoices drives me nuts. I make lots of little mistakes and end up having to reprint or redo this or that. It’s annoying to say the least. The good news is that I have work to invoice for.

This little cartoon basically shows what I end up doing. I think that it’s disgusting how dependent we are on gasoline. Tomorrow my geology professor (the one who worked for Mobile Oil for 15 years or so) is going to ask us whether or not there should be oil drilling in a national wildlife reserve in Alaska. I really want to give him a piece of my mind and spout my conspiracy theories about how the rich oil companies have kept the world from developing alternate sources of fuel but I’d probably get carried away and end up insulting him. Personally offending professors is to be avoided if one cares about grades.

Not to get too political, but I think that this cartoon shares a good message. If you don’t agree with something that is being promoted, DON’T WATCH IT, don’t buy the product or even the products from the companies that are sponsoring whatever it is that you find morally offensive. This is capitalistic America so if something doesn’t sell it will soon be forgotten.

We sincerely hope that all of you are enjoying yourselves and are well, where ever you may be. Till next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the test Becca! Ryan, I just think I'm too busy to do the e-mails. I'm so terribly sorry! Great post and pictures though!

Anonymous said...

Lots of congrats to Becca for landing such a great-sounding job! I hope it works out very well for you. Also best wishes and prayers for your exam. You are both able to express yourselves in such an interesting manner...your blog is always fun to read. Love from Gram Leota

Anonymous said...

OK, now I got it. I don't know why the link wouldn't work before. Has Garit told you whether he's reading your blogs or not?