Our internet was out for almost all of last week. This was mainly my fault since I forgot to pay our internet bill for two months in a row. I have since set up the account to take money directly out of my bank account so it won’t happen again. I have since found out that this particular internet company puts peoples names on a list to get their service disconnected. Once on the list, the cable installation guys will come by your house and disconnect you, without telling you. Well, I paid for the two months, got everything set up so I wouldn’t get behind on my payments again and then one morning we found that we had no internet. Remember that for us this is particularly bad since our home, business phone and fax are run through the internet, when we have no internet we are really cut off in a bad way. I spent hours on my cell phone with tech support people from four different countries trying to find out what the problem was. It wasn’t until a repair man was sent out that I was informed that although the company puts people on the list, they don’t bother to take them off. They wait until you’ve been disconnected and for you to ask to be reconnected.
Church was really nice today. During the third hour I participated in a wonderful discussion about agency. I think that Mormon’s are some of the biggest non-atheist existentialists you’ll ever meet. I think that our decisions are what define us more than anything else. Being imperfect individuals, the ability to choose will inevitably lead to mistakes and therefore sin. For this cause, Jesus Christ’s sacrifice is all the more meaningful. He allows us to learn from our mistakes without having to pay for them eternally so that we can eventually return to the presence of the Father and experience never ending joy.
After a four week absence, HERE’S BECCA!!
Well, even though I haven’t written for about 4 weeks…not much has really gone on. I’m “chugging” along with work, and still interviewing at other places. So far things have been going pretty well. I miss The Heavenly Spa in
I have been buying little things here and there for our basement apartment. It is getting better and better. OOOO….I did buy some of that silicone bakeware. IT IS AMAZING!!!! (not to sound too enthusiastic) I absolutely love it. Baking has never been easier. The light in our bedroom still likes to only go on when our upstairs neighbors are home at night and rollie-pollie/potatoe bugs love our home. I don’t like that they love coming inside, so I have a can of raid on hand. One spray and they are gone. Too bad their relatives don’t get the idea. I tried saving them at first by putting them outside, but it became too frequent. Now I just kill them. I’m not talking about one or two a month, it is more like 5+/week.
You all know how I hate them. Ryan continues to be my “bug slayer” when it comes to spiders. Anyway, enough about bugs. An 80 year old woman just got sealed in the
Well, it is getting late. All Boothes in this house should be going to bed. We love you and hope all is well.


3 comments:
Ryan and Becca,
It was almost a month since your last post. I was wondering what happened to you guys.
About agency, I remember my college institute teacher saying that we incorrectly call it "free" agency, meaning that we don't really have the "right" to choose wrong--we just have the ability. Hmmm...
It is great to hear from you! Sorry about all that internet trouble. I have never heard of that kind of disconnecting practice.
Pray for me Friday 10/20. Surgery on my neck set for 7:30 a.m. My surgeon, Dr. Baramian, has an excellent reputation. Love you both. Grandma Barbara
That was an interesting post, although it's great to hear from you guys again.
Post a Comment