Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kids and Critters


She's not stretching there. That's just how she sleeps sometimes. We're happy our cats and dogs get along better in this house than they did in California.


Yes, that's a rattler. I came across it while hiking along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. For the past two weeks or so I've seen a lot more rabbits and quails on my hikes. I suppose it's only natural to also see more predators too. Thank goodness this wasn't a cougar! I'm also fortunate that I saw it before I got too close and the dogs didn't decide to aggravate it. Lucy (our little pug/chihuahua) was off-leash and could have easily been bitten. I'll come back to this trail after the weather gets a bit cooler.


Our friends the Cranes came and visited us from Texas. We were very happy to have them over and get caught up. Brian and I took the kids for a hike and made dinner so the ladies could go and get the nails done.


Becca found this little tree bug while giving the Cranes a tour of the back yard.When it spreads its wings it really looks like a leaf.


Becca will be in Modesto this week and next visiting Mariah (above) and Xavier (below). A friend of a friend was driving out and wanted the company of another adult. Becca's without a car but got a free ride out to see the kids.



I'm a lone man right now. It's nice to have the dogs with me this time around and a friend from Church just brought over fish tacos. Life could be worse. It's a real shame I can't go out and see the kids though. I'll have to wait until Thanksgiving Break when we'll be going out for Mariah's baptism.

No comments: