I neglected to mention little Caleb Dorton's baby blessing from last Sunday. We enjoyed seeing Mike, Aunt Marsha and Uncle Martin from New York and Emma and Deb from Bountiful. It was an honor to be invited into the priesthood circle, particularly because it was my first time participating in that ordinance.
Our friends Mike Sessions and the Davila's drew nearer to sainthood by taking an unruly group of teenagers from California to Utah this week. They went to see the sights in Salt Lake and eventually came down to Provo to visit the Missionary Training Center and Brigham Young University. They asked me to set up lunch and the BYU campus tour which I did, including a special presentation from an Argentine member of the International Studies Program Office. He talked to us in a special room where ambassadors and other dignitaries come to speak at BYU. The boys were unruly and generally unresponsive so I was surprised to hear one say: After my mission I'm going to go to school here! It's moments like that that make your efforts worth while.
Poor Casandra (above) was the only young lady in the group so Becca whisked her away from the boys for a while. She and Becca established a special bond when Becca was Young Women's president and the two enjoyed their one on one time. Here they are in front of the South Jordan Temple where they met up with the rest of the group to do baptisms for the dead.
We don't miss having an SUV most of the time but now and again it would be handy. On Friday Becca became aware of a free compost tumbler in South Jordan. We zipped up to South Jordan only to find that the tumbler wouldn't fit in the car. Undeterred, Becca improvised in her typical creative Becca way. I drove home slowly.
The Provo Temple (the closest temple to us) will be closed for cleaning until the 24th of this month. This Saturday I went for the second time to the Mount Timpanogos Temple in American Fork. I can tell that I've gotten horribly spoiled again because I find it annoying to have to drive twenty minutes to the temple. Per Elder Scott's general counsel to the Church I have increased my temple attendance since moving to Utah. It has been a wonderful experience: a great way for me to perform service and feel spiritually renewed and centered.
After coming home from the temple I treated Becca to dinner at our favorite Sri-Lankin restaurant: The Banana Leaf. Yes, that is a banana leaf you see above. South-Asian food is not particularly appetizing when you look at it but it sure is tasty! We had fun dinning at one of their tables outside in front of the restaurant.
Becca started to recover quite well from the pain in her leg but then she overdid it and she's back on the couch. It's not as bad as it was but she sure hates staying off her feet. She's looking forward to feeling better this week. I am looking forward to the new Batman movie coming out this week!
1 comment:
I am loving that you are blogging again! Now that I am feeling more recovered from having the baby, we would love to have you guys out here for dinner some time! We could meet you somewhere in between as well if that works better.
Post a Comment