Sunday, August 20, 2006

BACK IN PROVO

Hey everyone!

This week has been stressful and wonderful. Ryan and I moved into our new place. It is smaller than we remember …but bigger than our last place. It suits our needs. We have been moving in little by little. The bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and living room are pretty much all moved in. We still need to work on the office, dining room and closets. We have a nice sized front and back yard that we share with our neighbors upstairs which includes a decent sized garden, flower gardens and a couple’s porch swing. All of the curtains were left when we moved in. I’m glad we don’t have to buy ones to fit all the windows. I have put most of our pictures up. We are looking to purchase more pictures. I am looking forward to adding all the “home-sweet-home” touches to the place.

Our first day of church in a new building was wonderful. It is a very friendly group of Latter Day Saints. One of the sisters brought over a bunch of homegrown tomatoes since she found out we want to grow them to make salsa. We can’t wait to buy cilantro and onions to add to the yummyness.

My sister had her twin babies on Thursday!!!!! Maxwell Adam Tobey is 4lbs 14oz, and his younger by a minute brother, Benjamin Joseph Tobey was 4lbs 13.6oz. Both of them are healthy and doing very well. They are able to go home tomorrow!!! I’m so excited to see them!!!! I get to go to Michigan from August 30th – Sept 6th. I’m definitely going to take lots of pictures!! I hope Ryan won’t be too lonely here in Utah.

Well, that is the most interesting news of the week for me..OH..except, that when we moved in, Ryan so loving dealt with my panic of seeing an enormous brown jumping spider that was about the size of a quarter, and a centimeter high…in our kitchen sink!!!!! Yes I know there are much bigger spiders in the world, but none that I have seen in Utah. I got a spider killing product that claimed “Kills on contact”, and when I saw the second spider in the dining room behind the door, I must have sprayed half the can on the bugger. He wouldn’t die!!!! And he started to charge at me. Ryan stepped on him.

………….I want my money back….

Here is my sweet hubby!

Mom bought Becca an Emergency Chocolate jar

One more visit to the Boothe Homestead

Last week was bitter sweet for us as we said goodbye to our loving family in the Central Valley. Everyone was wonderful to us and I would just like to say thank-you to everyone for all of your kindness and generosity, especially to Mom and Grant, for opening up their house to us. We will always remember your kindness.


On a recent note, we’re very grateful to Emma and Deb for letting us stay at their house again. That trip from Modesto to Provo is a lot to do in one day and it’s nice to be able to stop somewhere to shave an hour off of the total drive. That may not seem like much, but it is to us.

Our move back was fairly easy. Three of our friends came to help us load and unload our things from storage onto the rented truck and then into our house, which was much easier than Walter and I doing almost all of it ourselves. We’ve only been here a little more than two days but I feel confident that things will look very nice for Mom when she gets here on Saturday. Over all Becca and I are very happy with our new place. Being basement dwellers isn’t all that bad.

Well we won’t have internet at home until the Comcast guy gets here on Thursday afternoon so Becca and I are going over to our friends’ the Higbees’ house so we can publish this post. We will be seeing some of you sooner than later but in the end we’re just happy that we will see you again. Love, the newlyweds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are happy you're safe and settling into your new home. It was great having you so close. Gram and Gramps Boothe

Anonymous said...

The twins are beautiful. They sleep and eat every 3 hours. They are right on target for getting back to their birth weight. That's because Rick finger feeds them after Leah feeds them... Its a beautiful sight watching mommmy and daddy both feeding their babies.
Its fun holding 2 babies at once!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice post and you are simply too kind to mention Mom and me. Nice pictures and nice post!