I just got done writing a two page history of the Chinese language that I was going to include in this post. After I got done, I realized that it would be a bit too long for this blog so I published it on my other one which is dedicated to my ideas about languages anyway. I’ll sum things up for most of you by saying that I am enjoying studying Chinese. For those interested, you can read it here.
Post-college life is becoming a little less of a mystery to me. I’m writing a business plan up to get a loan so I can do some serious advertising and add simultaneous interpretation services and message services in addition to written translation services. It’s been slow going but I think that I’ll be finishing it soon. Fortunately for me, there’s a lot of information about small businesses and business plans on the web that is useful to me. I had no idea that business plans were so long!
Congratulations to my cousin Austin! He just received his mission call and will be teaching the good people of
That’s enough from me, here’s the lovely Becca:
So, I figure I should write this week as well. As usual I do not have much to say…at least I never think I do! As Ryan said, going to the gym has been great. I have faithfully gone at least 3-5 times every week for the past 6-7 weeks. Sadly I haven’t lost any weight or inches!!!...not even a little! I do at least 30 minutes of cardio as well as working out my abs, legs, arms and pecs every time I go…Oh well, it still is quite healthy to go as often as I do. We are even eating healthier foods- lots and lots of veggies for dinner! I never thought it would be so hard to get into shape since I was in fantastic shape the majority of my life (up until 5 years ago). If I keep going to the gym, I’m sure I’ll make it to my target weight.
I am so very excited for Garit and Raquel to get married!!! Let me just say that I have been a big fan of hers since I met her! I cannot wait for her to be a part of the family. She will be a wonderful addition! My first sister-in-law…and I love her already!!!! We will have lots of fun over the years!
So, Grandma Barbara gave me a fluffy light pink robe for my birthday this last December, and let me tell you…I love it! I wear it all the time. In fact, Ryan and I have dubbed it the “pink fuzzy monster.” Usually I put it on in the morning before my hair looks decent; also, it has taken over y wardrobe…hence the “monster” part. It is quite useful to have since our dryer stopped working. Doing laundry is a pain since we have to hang everything to dry or lay it out on the furniture. The loads have become smaller since I have the robe...making laundry a whole lot easier! Thank you Grandma! Having a home business means I do not have to get ready for the day unless I want to. I tend to have a case of the lazies in the morning, so I normally get ready in the afternoon when I have to leave to do errands (only if I have to of course).
One of my dear friends Kelly just had a baby girl! I got to hold Lexi when she was a mere 4 hours old! She has a perfect rosy complexion and a very full head of straight black Mexican hair. She is absolutely beautiful! I used to go on walks at least once weekly with Kelly last year during the spring months. We would talk about wanting to get pregnant, and all the girlie stuff that would bore our husbands to death. It was great! We bonded last spring. I was so happy when I got home from Brazil to learn that she was pregnant! It is so unreal that she just had her baby! I am so happy for her!
Ryan and I still love driving our Tuscon! We still have quibbles over who gets to drive it. The move to California in August will be tough since one of us has to drive the moving truck. It will be a long, lonely dive! Maybe we should buy walkie-talkies!! I cannot wait to be in California and have everyone over for dinner! I love to cook!
I have created an incredibly decadent banana brownie truffle. It is to die for! Sometimes I fail at attempts to create yummy things, but this time, I must say…I hit the nail on the head! Bananas and chocolate are two things that definitely need to be explored more in my kitchen…mmmmmm…mmm!
I cam across this design on accident...I LOVE IT!!!!
Despite normal things that can put a damper on your day, life overall is very good right now. Our business is doing well, we have happy clients, our lifestyle is gradually getting better and better and we love each other very much.
3 comments:
I am so glad that you guys posted. I love reading about how you guys are doing. As usual I was drooling over the pictures of Becca's food & wishing I lived close to you guys again so that we got to be the taste testers.
Hey Becca! I noticed your blog and thought I would let you know I have one too! So you guys are moving to california in August? Where? For a long time or just for a little bit? Anyway... Its good to hear how you are doing!
Update your Blog!
Post a Comment