March is funny in
Utah Valley. In one week the depressing clouds and invading cold are gone; the snow in the valley melts and you feel comfortable going outside without a sweater or coat. After Mother Nature teases you with such lovely weather you awaken the next morning to find the ground dusted with snow. By mid April she makes up her mind and decides that it’s officially spring. Speaking of mid April, my brother Garit and his girlfriend Raquel have just announced their engagement! It looks as though the wedding will be in mid April. Raquel and Becca, who are very much looking forward to being sisters-law, have already been on the phone talking about floral arrangements. We are excited for them and are looking forward to coming to
California next month to share in the joy of their sealing.
A couple of weeks ago the people at the
www.polyglot-learn-language.com site asked me if I wanted to be a chat room moderator. I respectively declined, recognizing that this was a tell tale sign of my spending too much time there. Plus, Becca didn’t much like going to the gym by herself and I really wasn’t fond of being at home by myself so we cancelled our Blockbuster subscription and used the money to buy me a membership. It’s true; we are moving away from being couch potatoes!

SchoolTranslations.com is keeping me and Becca very busy. We are starting to get more organized with business meetings and weekly goals. Although we haven’t been too successful at getting new clients, lately our current ones have sent more work our way. This is kind of a reversal from times when we would get lots of new clients who only sent us a little bit of work.
I am still a bit of a blogger and will often comment on quite a few language sites that I frequently read. Last week one of the bloggers quoted a comment that I had made and then used it as a new post. I didn’t know whether I should feel flattered or unnerved.
3 comments:
Ryan, you must be the official announcer of engagements for our family! Thanks for letting us know. We'll look forward to seeing you next month.
Gram B
Woweee! Where in the world did those pictures come from?! Is that my initiation!
-Raquel
It looks as though I should have talked to a few of you before I published this post.
Post a Comment