Sunday, December 09, 2007

A LAPTOP, A CHRISTMAS PARTY AND LOTS OF SNOW

I think the biggest news this week is the arrival of our new laptop. With the help of my good friend Dan Taylor, we were able to buy a 17 inch Vostro with lots of bells and whistles. Although now is our slow time of year and we can kind of get away with sharing a computer we will eventually have an absolute need for a second computer since Becca and I will both be going full throttle with the business. I'm mulling around on some business ideas that I think will work out nicely for us.
Here's Becca slaving away in the kitchen at the Church

Now that I think about it, our ward Christmas party at church was a big deal for us since we're on the Activities Committee. I put together the talent show and was the MC again but Becca was given the enormous job of coordinating the food. She stressed out a lot but was able to get some good advice from some wonderful people out east and here from some of the ladies at Church. A bunch of people really helped out a lot and she ended up putting together just the right amount of food. That said, there's a bunch of left-over cake sitting in our fridge right now, in addition to a ton of rolls. Where's Grant when you need him?

It has snowed a ton out here in Utah over the weekend. We're happy to have an SUV and to have our chapel across the street. In closing I'd like to refer you to the many new links on the right hand margin of the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the classic Calvin and Hobbes! New toys are always fun.

Sophia Crane said...

I Love the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon the snowman ones have always been my favorite. In regards to the snow I am very jealousit is shorts weather in Houston, not very Christmasy at all. And lastly, while I am flattered to have our blog featured so beautifully in your links you miss spelled my name, which makes me laugh because the correct spelling is in the web address. Anyway, glad to hear you guys are doing well.