Sunday, December 16, 2007

THE KING'S SINGERS, BECCA'S BIRTHDAY AND THE HAPPY PIRATES

Becca has really been enjoying her job lately. Using the laptop, she can work anywhere she wants. There were at least two days this last week when she worked in bed. Tough life. The day before her birthday was kind of nostalgic for us because we went back to the apartment building where we met and fell in love. Did we do it just for kicks? No, that would be weird. We did it because several of our old friends are in an improve comedy group and were doing a double show with another improve group. They did their job because I just about laughed myself out of my chair a few times. They needed a good master of ceremonies though, so I sent an email to one of my friends and told him that I was interested. I think that that would be really fun.

Thank you again to all of you who called my dear wife or sent her a card or gift to wish her a happy birthday. We celebrated by going out to eat at our favorite Indian restaurant. For some reason or another we hadn't been there since we'd returned from Brazil so that was a nice treat.

Yesterday we had the treat of watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra perform their annual Christmas concert with the King's Singers as the guest performers. Becca's aunt Emma graciously gets us tickets and we LOVE to go to these concerts. World class performances FOR FREE! I've included a playlist of the King's Singers bellow for those who are unfamiliar or fans of the group.

Today we enjoyed a visit from Aunt Emma, Deb, Alicia and Darren. Becca cooked a lovely meal that included a spinach/Italian sausage/pasta dish, bruschetta and green beans on the side which was complemented nicely by the green salad and éclairs that our guests brought. I was in California when Darren and Alicia were married and so this was the first time that I had met him, which was fun because he seems like a nice guy. We're always happy to see Emma and Deb.
I don't know where the month has gone but tomorrow is my last week of work for the month. We hope that our new clients bury us with work and that our old clients find things to send our way. Thanks to all of you for you letters, phone calls, posts and comments on our blog.

1 comment:

Sophia Crane said...

Happy Birthday Late Becca! I was thinking about you, but between Cameron's fever and mine didn't make it to the phone. I know "excuses, excuses" but still, I wanted you to know that you were in my thoughts. I hope your Birthday went well, it sounds like it did. I didn't know that Happy pirates was still together, it made me smile to think about them. Ah Miller, good times for all came from that dump of a place.