
Summer weeks always throw my sense of time off. Monday seems as if it were two weeks away and it feels as though Becca and I have been living a my mother’s house for the past three months. As boring as this is, I have to admit that I am a more productive and overall happy human being when I adhere to some type of schedule.
We said goodbye to my wonderful Grandma Barbara this week and we wish her well on her vacation in
Those of you who read Grant’s last post already know about our trip to
While I was waiting for the mechanics to get done with my little car, an older woman struck up a conversation with me. She looked very familiar and so I asked if she had any connection with any of the kids in my old high school. Nope. She wasn’t Mormon and she didn’t go to my grandmother’s church either. Just before her car was ready we figured out that she was dating a Mormon gentleman by the name of Barth. Barth is my stepsisters’ father’s name and he was raised Mormon. I wonder where I know that lady from or if I know her at all because that seems like a really big stretch just to make a connection.
Seeing that the end of my vacation is near, I’ve been getting myself organized for the new school year, finding new email addresses so that Grant can contact administrators and preparing my new translator, Mauro, for the translations he’ll be doing. So far, so good.
I don’t know if Becca will end up writing today so I’ll sum things up for you. The heat wave has actually been good for her because less people come in for massages. Why would that be good you ask? Because all the massages she’s been giving have worn her out, plus, she has flu symptoms at night time only to wake up the next day feeling much better or just fine. Strange huh? However, one very nice thing happened to her yesterday: Grant started recording her favorite cooking show so now she won’t miss an episode. Last night she learned about making pie crusts, avocado dishes, wontons and probably a few other things that I didn’t see because I went to bed.
Here’s hoping that you’re all doing well,




No comments:
Post a Comment