Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WE ARE BACK!!


Johnny and Misty Segalla


The Manginis




Doug and Sarah with me at their place


The San Diego Temple

Sorry, I had some problems with the blog which made me erase it and start all over. Thank you to the few who noticed that it was gone. Machines are fussy; I don’t care what anyone says.

Our trip to L.A. was great!! Becca and I were gone from Thursday of last week until Tuesday of this week. It was quite the stroll down memory lane for me; we visited with two of my best friends and their wives: Ryan Mangini and Doug Ludlow. Another great friend of mine got married and that’s why we went down in the first place. My buddy Johnny Segalla was sealed to his sweetheart Misty in the San Diego temple on Saturday the 15th of this month. Ryan and I woke up early the next morning to drive them to the airport to leave on their honeymoon in Hawaii.

Becca and I got some pictures of the Hollywood sign, hung out at a beach near where Ryan and his wife Suzy live and had fun helping them with their little boy Giovanni. Yep, that’s the boy’s name. Time went too quick, in fact, we ended up staying an extra day. Becca found out she didn’t have any clients on Monday while we were driving home on Sunday so we turned around on I-5 and went back.

The schools continue to give me little jobs here and there regardless of the fact that school is out. So much for a complete vacation. Ah well, this time last year I would have died for a few jobs. I’m happy that they are happy and need things translated into Spanish.

On a literary note, I just got done reading The Broker, by John Grisham and I enjoyed it. It really pulled me end and the ending was good but the middle was a bit slow. There is a lot about Italian history and learning Italian that has little to do with the plot and that kind of bogs things down. Grisham admits to taking a long vacation in Italy and he must have enjoyed it because spends a lot of time talking it.

Well, I could tell you about our trip to Monterey but Grant does a pretty good job of that on his blog. Becca is watching the new version of The Parent Trap and will not be contributing to this blog but please check back in a few days because we’ll be sure to post again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures. I'm really glad you have great friends and were able to have a fun time with them in LA.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the way you guys keep in touch.

We loved having you here this summer. Thanks so much for sharing that time together. We'll always remember the Summer of 2006!

See you Saturday.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! What a wonderful summer the two of you had! Aunt Gina and I are very pround of both of you. Thank you for keeping in touch.

Eric