Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trantulas and Tid-Bits

 I hope this week's post doesn't bore you too much!


Becca has been coming hiking with me more. Though I don't think they are indigenous to this area and I've never seen one on a hike before, we spotted this big hairy fellow this past Monday. Becca was already able to hike for longer on Friday than she was on Monday. 

Fall is my favorite season here in Utah Valley.

We took our new friends/neighbors, the Somsons, out on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, where we often hike. Shortly after this picture was taken, the factory below that makes clay pigeons let out a shot. This spooked the Somsons' dog, the black lab above, who ran like a bullet back the way we came. We figured that he'd come looking for us after a few minutes but he didn't. We then spent the next two hours looking for him all over the mountain and in the neighborhood below. Someone found him and, the next day, called the number of the veterinarian who had given him his last round of shots. 



Our lives are full of other little tid-bits: I finished Hugh Nibely's second book "Enoch the Prophet" today; Becca got to milk a cow for the first time; I was called as a choir director at church and will be having a lot of fun with that; Becca tried to color her hair orange/red with carrots and cranberries; I've been more active in the BYU Management Society and got to hear a speech from the guy who first helped promote Stephen R. Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People;" Becca has been looking all over for the right fabric to make Mariah's baptismal dress. Such is our life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog. I feel as though I am closer to you. I love Becca dying her hair with carrots and cranberries. Literally? Congrats on your calling. You will do well. Your neighbors are lucky getting you two for neighbors.Your hiking sounds good. I'm walking a lot now too since a friend moved onto my street.You will be 17 degrees cooler than us today. I am ready for Fall. Can't wait to see Grant. I'm sure he will be grown up. Love you both.XXOO GmaB.

Anonymous said...

How I miss those gorgeous colors! Fall was my favorite season too. It's so hot here today we had to cancel PE! Love you guys! Ant Deb

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

They are very native to this area. We see them out here a lot. So creepy!