I opened one of my basement office windows to let some air in. The window opens up into the backyard, where the kitten was. She climbed from the window into the space between the broken ceiling tiles and the ground floor. Luckily for me it wasn't hard to get her out of there.
Grandma and Grandpa Boothe went to Grandma's high school reunion and came down to Utah county to see us.
Garit's carrying a bag of tomatoes. We've had a million this year! I'm actually starting to get tired of eating salsa. There's one for my journal! I must say though, I've just made a very tasty batch today that I'll be taking over to Dad and Penny's.
Penny made some great chicken enchiladas and Becca made a wonderful apple pie, with apples from our tree of course. We also had fun playing Apples to Apples; Grandma Leota won quite handily.
Garit and Lorena left a little early to go to Lorena's office party. She was hoping to win a dessert contest with a cheese cake she made. I'll have to ask her about that. We were happy that my cousin Shauna was able to come down and visit us and share some dessert.
Our new neighbor, Juliana, moved from Brazil to our culdesac only a week ago. Becca has been a very good neighbor, making her Brazilian cheese bread and passion fruit pudding. In this picture, she's taught Juliana how to make a classic American apple pie. Juliana has made us a tasty soup and has promised to teach Becca to make a special pineapple pastry.
If you squint really hard you can see Dad and Penny's condo in the background. We went hiking on Friday and it was very nice.
Another highlight from this week was getting together with a few of Becca's old massage school classmates. Jesse, in the middle, came out from Oregon to visit so we all got together for an evening. It's fun to reunite with family and friends.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great post Ryan, I enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing what you have to say. And I'm pretty sure I see our condo behind becca ;)...
Thanks for the update! We loved being there with family. It's going to be different to have no Boothes in Modesto!
Love your pictures with the blog. I'm so glad that you are so happy there, and that you have family and friends all around you. It was meant to be, right? Love you, Gma.B.
Ditto all of the above ... you seem so happy. Even the dawg esta sonriendo. We missed having somebody from Modesto at Dad's b'day bash on Sunday. Love you all, Tia Deb
Post a Comment