Sunday, January 06, 2008

SHARING MY SHOWER WITH RATS

For years there was a tall palm tree in my mother's neighbor's back yard that spawned smaller palm trees in her back yard. They eventually got out of hand and one of the palms grew to cover the bathroom window. Since you didn't want anyone looking in on you anyway, this wasn't a big deal until recently.

While on this last visit to my mother's house in Modesto, I noticed something looking at me through the bathroom mirror. Apparently there were three mice that had made a nest right next to the shower window in the bathroom. We saw them warming their bellies on the glass when we took showers.
The next day Garit, Grant and I went out to the back yard and cut down all of the palm trees and other vegetation where the rats could make their nests. The foliage was pretty thick at first and we had to work our way back to where the rats were. One of them came out to watch what I was doing and later on we heard a yelp from my brother Grant who swears that one of the rats charged him from above in one of the palm trees. I don't think that we'll see them up there anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did NOT yelp! Anyway I did not swear that the rat charged at me! The rat jumped from a palm tree, which was where I kind of was.