I’m a lone man right now. We got back from Rio de Janeiro yesterday so Becca and some other girls from the program are getting their nails done to feel girly. We took the scenic route back to São Paulo, leaving from Copacabana Beach at 7:00am and arriving home at about 9:00pm. Most of that time was spent on the bus so I guess the girls want to freshen up a bit.
Rio is GORGEOUS. We went up to Christ the Redeemer which is a huge statue of Jesus Christ that was built on the top of a very tall hill in Rio. I think that there were more foreigners up on that hill when we went there than there were Brazilians. Becca took a short video of the view which I will eventually learn how to post on the blog.
If any of you go to Rio, something that I highly recomend, then I suggest that you go to Ipanema Beach. Leme and Copacabana have dirty water but the beaches themselves are gorgeous. We played in the waves one afternoon and Becca and I took a romantic stroll on Sunday evening. It was my first time in the Atlantic Ocean and Becca’s second time to a beach that you could actually have fun in without a boat. We’re supposed to go to one more beach before we go back to the USA and I’m really looking forward to it.
I hope that you are all doing well and that your summer is not too hot. Here, we are suffering through a blazing winter of 75 degrees during the day and about 55 during the night time. Till next time.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Vou ver só uma coisinha.
Post a Comment