
I tried not to overdo things in my P.E. classes but by Thursday I couldn’t fully extend my arms. There are other parts of my body that aren’t very happy with me either but my arms were the biggest complainers this week. Becca did “trigger-point” therapy on my left arm which was embarrassingly painful but by the time she was done I could straighten out my arm. She really is very good at what she does. That pain came from my weight training class. My jogging class instructor told us that by the end of these two months we should be able to run a 10K race without stopping. If nothing else, by the end of the term I should be in better shape.
I feel sure that if I don’t check myself I’ll end up complaining about my science class way too much on this blog. I’ll refrain myself to only one item worth whining about this week. I don’t think classes should be designed to produce certain grade ratios. I think that when the administrators are planning the overall major they should examine what needs to be taught and at what phase of the major (freshman, sophomore, etc.). Now, if everyone always gets A’s in a certain course they might consider revising it, just as they might consider revising it if everyone is always getting D’s, regardless of the course instructor. This class I’m taking, Physical Science 100, is designed so that if the student spends three to four hours a week studying then the grade best hoped for should be a C. One science teacher even did a study about this class and found that the average French 101 student doesn’t have to memorize as much new vocabulary as a student for Physical Science 100. Okay, that’s my complaint for the week.
Last week I received my forms and tests to apply to the OSC (
Many thanks to Debbie for her Cinco de Mayo e-card and belated congratulations to our friends the Cranes who were married a year ago yesterday. While I’m at it, happy birthday again to my mother who became a year wiser last week on Thursday. I’ve written plenty, here’s my sweet Becca:
Well, like usual the week has gone by quite normally. The weather in
Life overall is pretty good! I got another raise at 5 Buck Pizza! This is my 3rd raise since I first began working there a little over a year ago!!!! Every time I go back to work for them they give me more money. I’m definitely not complaining.
I have found that I absolutely do not like having dirty dishes in the sink, not even a couple cereal bowls and spoons from breakfast…because those magically turn into our entire kitchens worth of plates and forks and pans etc. seemingly overnight since we like to cook so much, and we do not have a dishwasher. So, Ryan and I have been really good at washing them right then and there, and wiping the sink down. It is fabulous!
4 comments:
Great post Ryan, I hope your body recovers. Can't wait to see you and Becca.
As always, we love to hear from you. Your lives always sound interesting no matter what's going on! Good luck on the tests!
Love hearing from you guys. I have a mental image of Becca doing a little Latin dance as she dusts your apt.
Glad to hear you're getting in shape Ryan. Being in shape physically is like being in tune spiritually. No downside there.
Becca I'm impressed by your decision to be happy no matter what. Mastering that is one of life's greatest blessings. It will serve you well all your life.
You guys are awesome. Only 42 more days til we see you. 6 weeks from today.
Ryan, Becca -- I could be jealous of your trip to Brazil, especially since you get to spend so much time there! It always makes me happy to read your newsy letters. love, ant deb
Post a Comment