I went in and had my interview with Prof. Hague. He’s my lawyer turned translation professor. I had a New Testament professor that once said that at least one lawyer would come every month and say, “I hate my job! Please let me come and teach at your university!!” I guess Prof. Hague was one of those guys. He graded the first 500 words that I translated for my “senior project” and then we chatted about a few things. I made no translation errors as far as meaning is concerned but he did dock me for grammar and a couple of word choices. I’ve gotten almost all A’s in my English classes for as long as I can remember so it frustrates me that I would get marked down for grammar mistakes. Prof. Hague is really nit-picky. Aunt Debbie recommended a grammar book to me a couple of years ago (Eats, Shoots and Leaves) and I think that it might be a wise investment for me.
Later in the day
I was interrupted by a phone call from someone from church and that was that. The dinner guest is late so I guess I’ll write a few more words. I’d like to invite you all to read my brother Grant’s latest post on his blog. He’s having fun in high school and talks about some of the literature he’s been reading as well. You’re also welcome to read the comment I posted answering a question that he posed. I don’t think that my dear wife will be writing tonight but I hope that she does.
Well, I will write a little. This week has been a normal week. Today was fun, I made Paella, a fresh green salad with pears, pecans, parmesan and a homemade vinaigrette, and lace cookies with 62% melted cacao smothered on top. My client came over for dinner so that he and Ryan could meet. I wanted Ryan to feel comfortable with the idea of me having male clients. It is part of my business…doctors are professional, and so am I, so there is no issue.
Anyway, it is time to go to bed. We love and miss all of you!

1 comment:
Thanks for the link to my post Ryan. Mmmm paella, I can remember when we ate that. It's good to read another post of yours.
Post a Comment