Sunday, January 07, 2007

COOK BOOKS AND NAUSEA IN THE MORNING


The holidays have been wonderful despite almost my whole side of the family getting sick! It was nice to spend so much time with the Schwartz and Tobey Families. Everyone is doing well. I have tonz of cookbooks now! Well, at least I’m getting a good variety, I actually only have 7 that are hard bound: Indian, Brazilian, Greek, Chocolate (teehee), Thai, and 2 that everyone should have to get a variety of the basics (Betty Crocker style). The rest are small paper bound ones. It makes me very happy. I went through the Greek one today, and put tabs on all the recipes that sounded nummy. I was fasting at the time, so there are a lot of tabs! I plan on going through all of my cookbooks and doing that. I think it will help when I want to cook something/get a craving to be able to look through the tabs at all that I have been interested in the past.

I was planning on getting back to work on Friday and Saturday, but very early Friday morning I started getting excruciating pain in my abdomen as well as severe nausea. I could not sleep (because of the pain) or stand up (because of the nausea)…it was horrible! Now, a little background: I have determined that no one pregnancy sign is a true sign of pregnancy-except throwing up (as you all know Ryan and I want to start our family, and we thought it has happened more than once). The reasoning behind this is that I DO NOT vomit. It just doesn’t happen (except twice in my life as a child) even when I wish it would. So around 7am (I had been in pain since 4) I woke my hubby up for a priesthood blessing. He left around 8:30 or so to run some errands, and around 9:00 it happened…I threw up, a lot (and my cycle is 3 months off). So why all the details? Just that my theory is now broken, for I am not pregnant. Now, I don’t know what to think. It will be a huge surprise to everyone including me, because I will now never be able to guess/predict if I actually get pregnant.

So did I leave you wanting to get to the end of that paragraph? If I did, I’m glad! Hehehe. When I do get pregnant, it will be a surprise; you won’t see it coming…muah hahaha!! It will be very clear and not at all tricky in anyway when you do find out though. I promise.

So, there was absolutely NO snow while we were in MI. We left the winter wonderland, and had about a 40 degree Christmas. Poo. I only like snow on two days of the year. It has happened before, and it is wonderful. Oh well.

Well, here is my absolutely wonderfully amazing hubby!!

It is 11:00 pm here and I want to get to sleep to start this semester off right. We’ve been enjoying some couple time since we got back but our friends are hinting that they want to get together so couple time will probably end soon. Please keep me in your prayers for these next four months because I have high expectations and a lot to accomplish. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Becca,
I had to smile--I had a similar experience to yours at the same time of year, but in my case I was pregnant (Lyle was born nine months/nine days after the wedding!)
When you get a chance, can you send me out the pictures of our visit to the Sacramento temple last summer? Thanks,
Lorna

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca! It's great to hear from you and I hope that you can find some really good recipes, because when we see each other next time, I'll be expecting some good cooking!
Love,
Grant