Sunday, May 05, 2013
Late April and Early May
Not too long ago I took a late hike and saw a group of does with their fawns. I wish my phone took better pictures of objects that are more than a few feet away. These deer looked much closer in real life.
My wonderful in-laws visited us recently. Strangely enough, this is the only picture we ended up taking. If we were to take only one this would probably be the best. Becca and Walt spent a lot of time upgrading our garden. A nice lady from Church has a horse that ended up being useful for fertilizing our garden. She even let us use her truck to haul the fertilizer away.
A section of our front lawn used to be a garden with tulips. The tulips pop up every year and this year I got a little behind on the mowing so they actually bloomed. The above picture is of the flowers from our lawn. Grant moved out this week. He was a quiet, well-behaved house guest. Our home felt empty after he left but he's only up the way in Provo so we'll see him regularly. He likes his roommate and ward and is looking for a job. We wish him the best!
We're happy about the crab-apple tree blooming this year. The blossoms are beautiful. This week I have some exciting business, networking and academic meetings. The website (empoweredresolutions.com) for our new business is almost ready. I am also gearing up for my trip to Europe, including my speech. For those of you who don't know, I've been invited to speak at a polyglot conference in Budapest about how being multilingual lends itself to a career in conflict management. I'll be stopping off in southern Germany first to see friends and then taking a train ride to Budapest across Austria.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment