Sunday, April 14, 2013

Winter 2012


 She generally only wants up there if you are really busy.

We spent Christmas with family out in Ohio this year. Here I am at Lake Erie.


Our little niece Ezri Anna was generally a good-spirited little girl while we were there.


Becca and my father-in-law led the family in making an igloo. Becca and the two older nephews, Richard and Johnathan, attempted to sleep there that night but came in because they were too cramped to sleep.

We were happy that my step-sisters Tristine and Breanna could come out to see the family in Utah.

Our trip up to Y Mountain was overall a success.


The Y itself was covered in snow it was still fun to get out and go on a hike.

The BYU Management Society had an after hours visit to the aquarium in Utah. I didn't even know there was one.

It's really quite nice, especially for being small. A new aquarium is being built nearby that is supposed to be a lot bigger.

The views from my hikes are usually very pretty.

My iPhone doesn't do this picture justice. I was coming out of the Provo temple and the scene at night was beautiful.

I found a Chilean restaurant in Orem, by accident. You should need a passport to walk in there because it's just like stepping back into Chile.

I made a new friend as well, Jeff Netto from Brazil. Here is his collection of different Gospel Essentials manuals in various languages. Just so you all know that I'm not crazy for having a similar library.

Becca has been growing plants indoors in preparation for replanting this May. She's been doing quite well.


Becca has taken up sewing a bit. Here are some shorts that she successfully converted into a skirt.
Becca also continues to enjoy helping out with the animals at Thanksgiving Point.



She has also started avoiding gluten and has noticed that she has more energy after she eats. Here is some gluten-free bread that she's made.

I didn't get out as much to hike during the winter. Much of my trail was covered in snow and I got slightly lost several times. I still think this is beautiful country.

No comments: