Sunday, June 03, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

I had two birthday dinners this year so I think I'll blog about both separately. On Monday, Garit, Lorena, Becca and I all got up early to hike up to Y Mountain with the dogs.
We decided to climb down onto the Y this time.
It was a great way to start the day. Becca made us rice pudding for breakfast, at my request. We then headed out to Salt Lake City to see temple square. I had really been wanting to go for a while and it was Lorena's first time. I even got to practice my German and Spanish with a couple of the missionaries there.
We went back home and were joined by our friends the Higbees for dinner.
Becca made one of her famous cakes and Garit, Lorena and I made milanesas (fried breaded steaks). Evy prepared a lovely salad, corn on the cob and strawberries with cream. What a feast!
Ayelen (pronounced Ah-sheh-LEHN) and Joaquin got to lick the beaters used to prepare the frosting. The little boogers didn't save any for their younger brother Marco who was stuck in the bathroom without any toilet paper. Becca let him have a spoonful all to himself which really made the other two jealous.

I am happy to announce that I didn't gorge too much this week in spite of all of the wonderful food and good company. I greeted my thirty-first year at a healthy weight for the first time since 2005. I'm still a few months away from my goal weight but it feels great to be active and healthy again!

No comments: