This blog is for our family and friends. We hope that the blog will make it easier to keep in touch. Enjoy and please comment.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Trip to the Coast
It's Sunday evening and the end of a lovely weekend. Becca and I visited my Aunt Deb in Hollister and then went to the coast.
Aunt Deb's house is still a work in progress but is looking great! Here's a miniature wisteria from her front yard.
We try to take the dog with us whenever we can. Next time he'll probably stay in the backyard though. The little guy got so excited to chase Debbie's cats that he kept us up almost the whole night.
It helps to have a pretty wife like mine.
It's allergy season for me in the Central Valley so escaping to the coast allows me to be outside without allergy symptoms. I hope we can do it more often.
I just finished a book on T. Edgar Lyon, one of the LDS Church's first institute teachers and father of one of my Spanish professors. We learn a lot about Church History from 1820 to about the 1870's. The 1880's to the 1950's is kind of glossed over. Lyon's life covered much of this period and I found it fascinating what it was to be a member of the Church at that time. I also found it to be a sort of faith affirming read. We all have a role to play in the Church and we can all make significant contributions in our own way without being General Authorities.
I've felt a renewed desire to blog lately. Those of you who want to hear from Becca directly should text her or friend her on Facebook. TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment