We love
Each time we moved we felt that we had to start all over getting to know our neighbors, church members and new friends. Here we have been invited over to most of my relatives homes (we’re still waiting for my dad’s folks to give us a call J) and many of our friends have been over to visit us as well. I still have to get back to a few of them. It’s nice to feel wanted.
Our wonderful landlords have allowed us to get two cats. One is a kitten that my step-mom and step-sister Tristine went and got but had to give up since their current cat kept hissing at it. They asked Becca if she wanted it and Becca accepted. She is several months old and weighs not quite four pounds. She was the runt of the litter. They didn’t think she would survive when she was born so Tristine named her Mira, being short for miracle.
We went to a nonprofit rescue center to get our second cat. The night before we went I had a dream of a dark colored cat in our bathroom. When we went to look at the animals I saw a full grown, dark colored cat the reminded me very much of the cat in my dream. Curiously, I felt like we should get her instead of getting a kitten like we had planned on. Fortunately, Becca felt the same way. Compared to the tiny kitten she looks quite large so Bertha sounded like a good name for her. Don’t ask why.
Becca likes her bosses and coworkers and is impressing clients left and right. She does at least four massages a week for people who request her because of work she’s already done on them. This is after working there for barely a month. After not practicing her profession regularly for about a year and a half she’s feeling the stress of it physically. Hopefully she’ll get back into the grove soon.
3 comments:
Hey, here I thought you two were ignoring us! We should definitely get together - when to do it might be the hard thing to figure out. It's nice to know you're almost close by. Always love to hear what you're doing. Gram Boothe
Gram again. I forgot to ask you what time your Sunday meetings are.
I am glad everything went well with the move. Congratulations on the kitties-what fun!
Post a Comment