Sunday, May 18, 2008

Minerals, Slow Business and Language Learning

It’s now quite warm here in Utah Valley; I’ve felt uncomfortable in anything but shorts the last few days. I love mild summer weather. I think that I prefer living in a T-shirt, shorts and sandals to anything else.

Work has been slow so I’ve been studying up on Chinese and blogging more. I can now add Iran, Hungary and Venezuela to my list of countries that have people who read my language blog. I’ve also found free podcasts to listen to in Portuguese and Spanish. They are radio programs with the commercial breaks taken out and put into MP3 format so I can listen to them on my Ipod whenever I want.

The Spanish one (La Matinal) is curiously broadcast out of the Netherlands and gives about ½ an hour of current international events every day. The Brazilian one (Café Brasil) is an informative and entertaining ½ hour weekly program put on by Luciano Pires, a sort of talk radio host, who addresses a single weekly subject while playing snippets of different songs that complement his points. I usually listen to these programs while at the gym or doing chores around the house.

Here is Becca:

Hello, hello!!!

The week has actually been quite slow concerning the business, we have had a lot of time to read (yes…I am reading a book) and do things that we want to (as long as we stay home in the office). I have been reading the book called “Dead Doctors Don’t Lie” by Dr. Joel D. Wallach & Dr. Ma Lan. Dr. Wallach is known as “The Mineral Doctor”. I am quite fascinated by him and the Youngevity nutritional supplement line. I am so curious and fascinated that I decided to try the products for myself, and in order to get the 30% discount I joined the MLM and became a distributor. It is based on the fact that the body needs 90 nutrients (vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and essential fatty acids) in order to function properly and have the tools it needs to heal itself.

Through my Massage Therapy education I have learned how incredibly connected the body is on so many levels, more so than I can even comprehend. If there is an imbalance in one area of the body, our body compensates the best it can to allow us to continue living. What a great built in feature!!! Sometimes this doesn’t work as well as we want it to. Most of the time we wish that our body just wouldn’t get sick and that disease wouldn’t happen. It sure would make life a whole heck of a lot easier. We can be born with nutritional deficiencies. We also neglect our body causing nutritional deficiencies. If we don’t give the body what it needs…how on earth can we expect it to prevent us from falling ill, or to heal itself once we have gotten ill?? I think Dr. Wallach is on the right track. So far it is the most complete line of nutritional supplements that I have seen so far. I will keep looking. There are 4 things in my life that he claims are due to nutritional deficiencies that I would REALLY like to get rid of. We will see how it goes! My Heavenly Father has given me a body, and I want to treat it right. I believe that he made our bodies to do incredible things, and that since he loves us so much, he provided the necessary nutrition on this earth for us to consume so that we can work properly. He never gives us a challenge without providing a way to achieve the goal. I am hoping that I will be able to supplement my diet with things that will do my body good. This is a good step in the right direction to take in my life. If you are curious about the products, you can visit my website at: www.Youngevityonline.com/BeccaB

SO, that is that. I am really excited to try these supplements. In addition to taking the supplements I am going to “kick my butt” at the gym with cardio and ab workouts, as well as go on a healthier diet than the one I have been on. I am turning over a new leaf!!

That is pretty much it for me this week.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked! I was able to read your post this week. So good to see what's happening in your young and interesting lives! Looking forward to seeing you this summer. Gram B.

Anonymous said...

HI Guys. Great to hear from you. Dr. Wallach is a hoot and so full of information he is hard to keep up with in some of his DVD's. Saw Aunt Tui today and she asked if Becca and I are going to go into business together when you guys move to Cal. We both do body work that's for sure. Glad Becca is so excited about the youngetivy line of products. I hope they are fabulous and effective. I believe in nutritionals.

Sophia Crane said...

Glad to hear t hings are going so well for you guys. You will definately have to let me know how the supplements go. Ryan it is really neat how many people are lurking on your language site and from how many places, congrats.