
As you can see, our car is in pretty bad shape. We took it in for an estimate and the auto body shop said that the repair would cost 250% of the worth of the car. The insurance company sent out an
independent appraiser to look over the car and do his own assessment. It turned out to be this twenty-one-year-old guy making a stop while he was on a date. He made her wait in his car while he took pictures of ours.
In any case, they'll probably give us a check and take our car to be stripped and then sell the profitable parts. That means that we're car shopping. We're looking to buy something that is bigger than a common sedan but smaller than a minivan. Neither Becca nor I know much about cars so we'd really appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
5 comments:
I would like a Honda... :)
The Honda CRV is an excellent car, as is the Element. Any Honda is good. :) You were interested in the Subaru before and I made some comment about it's reliability. Then, later, I looked it up in the Consumer's Report book and saw that they recommended it. So I retract my previous negative comment. I don't remember the model you were interested in. Also, I read and hear nothing but good things now about Hundyai (sp?) and mostly good things about Kia.
Try a Ford Ecsape!
Hi from Gramps, Your dad's advice is good. Hondas or Toyotas will give you good service. The values of these cars will probably be higher than what you will find on other cars.
But there are probably a lot of other good cars out there. You will have more trouble with domestic or American made vehicles than you will with Honda or Toyota.
We just purchases a new 08 Honda Civic. It is a gorgeous auto. But it is new and costs money. We had a Mozda Protege as a trade in. It had less than 50,000 miles on it. Too bad we didn't know sooner. Alas, the Mazda is gone.
Again, your Dad's advice is good. I don't know that I'd go for a Kia. But the Rav 4 Toyota is also something to consider. And we wish you good luck.
I suggest reading Consumer Report and looking on car lots familiarizing yourself with cars in general and treat car buying like a school assignment.
The more homework you do and the more you understand the competition the better you'll feel about your purchase. Remember advice is like the weather....some of it's good and some of it's bad. Get the facts and know for sure.
Think about the features that are important to you and stick to your budget. I learned a long time ago from a car salesman that car buying is very emotional so watch out and let your head not your emotions dictate your choice and you will be happy in the long run.
Post a Comment