Sunday, March 18, 2007

TASTY FOOD, BLAND POST

The dinner party, two weeks ago, was a fair success. We got the food on thirty minutes late but the guests didn’t seem to be all that bothered. The spicy chicken curry recipe included the word “dangerous” in it so Becca wisely halved the amount of chili peppers that it called for. However, it ended up not being spicy at all. Over all the food was good.

Afterwards people recited poems and sang songs for the delight or detriment of all present. Dr. Williams even brought out his guitar that he bought in Brazil and played “The Girl from Ipanema” on it. I was one of the few people there who didn’t know it by heart. Becca and I were some of the last to leave and ended up with not too many leftovers; I’ve already finished them off.

We’re pretty sure that we’ve found someone to keep the business going while we’re in South America. I suppose that’s kind of my focus right now: get the business volume up and train someone else to get it going so we can enjoy South America. Oh yeah, and save up money to finance the trip too.

Last Wednesday the Panamanian ambassador to the U.S.A. came to speak at BYU. It was kind of funny. He said that most people only think of the canal when they think of Panama but he hoped that after his speech we would think of other things as well. He then spent about eighty five percent of his speech talking about the renovations they’re doing on the canal.

Becca is up on the mountain side enjoying the pleasant whether. The Saturday before last she went jogging up to the mountain and just sat up there and thought. She said that she really likes going up there by herself to think and this is the third time she’s gone. Her overall mood has improved greatly since the weather started getting nicer which only reaffirms that we will end up living somewhere sunny when we settle down. If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.

We love you all. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true about "Momma bein' happy..." Funny side note: in the link you left out the "e" at the end of Boothe and I got to read someone else's blog! He recently saw Barber of Seville and was impressed with the baritone who plays Figaro's range. I felt a little like I was peeping, though...

Anonymous said...

Shoot! You're right Dad. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What was with that boring Barber of Seville crap? Anyway nice post Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have been happier :) I like sunshine! It is just peaceful to go up on the mountain and be away from the noise of the city...the view ain't so bad either..lol